Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unhealthy Weekend Eating

It was a rather fatty and cholesterol-laden weekend. Starting with pizza and fries for dinner Friday night, then an egg over easy and leftover pizza on Saturday morning, continuing with shrimp pasta for both dinner that night and lunch the next day, and finally ending with baby back ribs for Sunday dinner. Oh, not to mention the impromptu batch of cheddar rosemary garlic biscuits I whipped up to go with the ribs.

The biscuits were pretty darn good though, and came out well even for me! Usually my biscuits are hard and dense. These weren't as fluffy as I would have liked but definitely flakey and flavorful. I followed this recipe without the kneading (that tends to make biscuits more dense and tough) and brushed the tops with butter before baking. I also cut the biscuits into squares to avoid waste, then rounded the corners by molding them in my hands. Finally, I had to jazz them up so I added a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of rosemary, and a handful of shredded cheese. Definitely will make again!

No comments: