Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Food Diary - Day Two Results

What I ate:
1000 mg Vitamin C
Dannon Thick and Creamy Strawberry Yogurt (best flavor ever!!!)
Acorn squash and bacon bread pudding (for both lunch and dinner)
1/4 cup cashews
small mixed greens salad with 1/2 tomato
52 oz water

How it added up (percentages are of recommended daily intake):
Calorie Daily Value 962.50 65%
Calories from fat 368.90 83%
Total Fat (g) 40.50 81%
Saturated Fat (g) 15.50 310%
Cholesterol (mg) 268.00 89%
Sodium (mg) 1,908.00 80%
Potassium (mg) 523.00 15%
Total Carbohydrate (g) 77.00 41%
Dietary Fiber (g) 10.00 40%
Sugars (g) 31.00 48%
Protein (g) 40.00 54%
Vitamin A 23%
Calcium 69%
Vitamin C 1684%
Iron 34%

Sorry for the horrible formatting. I started using Google Documents for my Excel spreadsheet and the formatting doesn't follow through when I paste into Blogger. Boo. I'll have to figure something else out. Also started leaving out the more obscure nutritional information like thiamin and biotin (what is that stuff anyways??)

Anyway, it appears I ate way less than my recommended caloric intake today. I feel vaguely hungry but not enough to do anything about it. I also drank the right amount for my recommended water intake, which probably explains the increased number of trips I took to the bathroom today! That also probably helped with the hunger. I also did a lot better on both cholesterol and sodium intake today; the latter was a lot higher yesterday due to the deli meat in my sandwich. Ew!

I'll have to do research on some of the nutritional values that I'm not really hitting, like potassium and iron. I think bananas contain potassium but I don't know what a deficit is doing for my health. The internet does have all the answers though!

No comments: