Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Bentos

I made three bentos this weekend in preparation for the week's lunches (and dinner to take with me to class). The colors are pretty but I'm not quite satisfied with the taste of raw veg by itself. I need to get some sort of container for ranch dip or hummus. Also need to work on my lighting techniques... *grumble*


Leftover Pasta and Veg Bento
Top: veal-stuffed agnolotti with bacon, mushroom, and peas; cherry tomatoes
Bottom: carrot sticks and snap peas with spreadable Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
(Notes: microwaved the pasta with the tomatoes on top, making them hot and bursty; not enough cheese for all the veg)


Ravi Kabob Bento
Top: Rice with stewed chickpeas; cherry tomatoes and spreadable Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
Bottom: Chicken Tikka Kebab
(Notes: antibacterial grass food divider between tomatoes and rice; forgot a food pick and had to scrounge for a fork!)


Grilled Chicken and Sweet Potato Bento
Snap peas, cherry tomatoes, chicken, sweet potatoes
(Notes: antibacterial grass food divider between veg and chicken; love my elephant food pick!)

No comments: